Sunday, January 24, 2021

Stroke of Midnight: A Cinderella Novel by K. Webster


 Blurb: 

Money can buy anything. And anyone. As the head of the Constantine family, I’m used to people bowing to my will. Cruel, rigid, unyielding—I’m all those things. When I discover the one woman who doesn’t wither under my gaze, but instead smiles right back at me, I’m intrigued.

Ash Elliott needs cash, and I make her trade in crudeness and degradation for it. I crave her tears, her moans. I pay for each one. And every time, she comes back for more. When she challenges me with an offer of her own, I have to decide if I’m willing to give her far more than cold hard cash.

But love can have deadly consequences when it comes from a Constantine. At the stroke of midnight, that choice may be lost for both of us.


REVIEW



"I’ve been left destroyed and threatened into submission. There’s not a happy ending to this story....It’s time for the princess to save the villain"

This was a very naughty version of the fairytale Cinderella. It is a part of the Midnight Dynasty world. This story does end in a cliffhanger.

Ash was a high school graduate, trying to earn enough money for college. Like the famous story, she has a stepmother, who is obsessed with status and not two, but three wicked stepbrothers. The "Terror Triplets" are constantly harassing and terrorize her and pet bird.
She worked at a cleaning company, that services high end companies. Leaving behind a candy wrapper, she managed to fall into the radar of the head of the Constantine "empire", Winston Constantine. Ever since he found that wrapper, he made it his mission to humiliate and degrade her. Ash ends up discovering something she never knew about herself, how much she was into it. He would pay her a large sum to do it too.

This is actually my first story by K. Webster. Definitely, made a fan out of me. The tension between them was 🥵. Ash was a strong, sassy character who took a lot of crap from her family and Winston. Although, with Winston, it was all apart of an agreement. Definitely, worth ever star!!

I received an ARC and voluntarily gave my honest opinion and review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒 by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...