Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Death Club: A Dark Romance (Dead Men Walking Book 1) by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti


 The Death Club: A Dark Romance (Dead Men Walking Book 1) by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti


#AvailableNow #NewRelease


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VS1GD5D/

Blurb: 

Chaos. Carnage. Killing.

The three Cs that make my life complete.

 

I know killing technically doesn’t start with a C – but wouldn’t life be better if it did? Just like it would be better if the Devil was my boyfriend, Santa wasn’t a d*ck and I didn’t live under a bridge.

 

I wished for my life to improve, but it didn’t. I was kidnapped, sold, sold again, stuck in a death game, sold AGAIN and now I’m living in a serial killer’s basement.

 

Oh and there’s another dude down here who lives in a cage and doesn’t talk. I call him Dead Man on account of his soulless eyes. He either wants to kiss me or kill me. I can’t decide which I want most.

 

Anyways, my hot, tattooed, muscular insane Irish captor thinks I might make a good hit woman once he trains me up. Which is a freaking insult by the way as I’m already the best killer in town. Ask anyone. Except the cops. Don’t ask them or they’ll send me back to that creepy asylum where they gave me the crazy pills. But shh, that’s a secret.

 

Want to know another one? I quite like it here. Every day is anarchy and that’s my favourite flavour.

 

So I think I’m gonna join The Death Club and let my freak flag fly.


This is a brand new dark romance series set in the same world as the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series with character crossover. Each series can be read independent of each other.

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œREVIEW πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


"Death wasn’t my enemy. It liked to run circles around me, test my limits, see what I’d do to avoid it. But if today was the day I didn’t escape it, then was that really the worst thing in the world?"


Holy crap! I am at a loss for words! I really cannot express how much I enjoyed this.


Just imagine if Harley Quinn and Mallory Knox were morphed into one person, then you would get our batshit crazy FMC, Brooklyn. She had such a messed up childhood, from her mom abandoning her to her father dying, being neglected led to even more tragic events. She eventually snapped and exacted her revenge and ended up known as the Bully Butcher. She was kidnapped and sold to the highest bidder. She would not go down without a fight.


Niall, who is apart of Irish mafia, sees something special in Brooklyn and wanted to train her. His demons play very nice with Brooklyn's demons and he met his match. This whole time I totally got Conner McManus, Boondock Saints vibes.


Mateo, aka Beastie, ex-Mexican cartel fixer who has his own demons. For months, he was captured, caged, and tortured for information and still nothing. This is my boy right here πŸ₯΅. He's mysterious and broody, yet fiercely protective and possessive. But, when Brooklyn breaks down his walls, he is adorable when she finally gets him to open up. I love him!


It's one of those books where if I could give more than 5, I totally would. This is actually my first story by Caroline and Susanne. I didn't realize that this was also a spin-off of the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series. I have those on my TBR that I seriously need to get to (although, it's not necessary to understand this series) ahh, I seriously can't wait until the next one!


I received an ARC and voluntarily gave my honest opinion and review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 πŽπ–𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽπ’π“ ππŽπ˜π’ by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...