Thursday, August 19, 2021

Frivolous: A Dark Bully Mafia Romance (Morally Questionable) by Veronica Lancet


 Frivolous: A Dark Bully Mafia Romance (Morally Questionable) by @authorveronicalancet 


https://www.amazon.com/Frivolous-Bully-Romance-Morally-Questionable-ebook/dp/B098J2FSFD/

Blurb:
She was the beauty in a gilded cage.
He was the beast out for her destruction.

THE BEAST IN THE SHADOWS
Bastiano "Bass" DeVille is not a good man, and he's never professed to be one. He lives, breathes, and kills for the famiglia. And in a world where money rules, blood is spilled and corpses abound, he is a king among men. After all, five years in prison have only increased his appetite for violence. And now… he has a new target.
The girl with stars in her eyes and thorns in her heart.

THE BELLE OF THE BALL
Gianna Guerra's blinding beauty and glamorous life propelled her into the spotlight, bringing the New York City high society to her feet. Cruel and patronizing, people would rather be in her good graces than at the end of her tongue. But one failed engagement and her world threatens to fall apart. Because she may be the Queen Bee, but even mean girls have feelings. And Gianna's might just take her on the road of no return.

DEFILE. DEBASE. DESTROY.
May the wickedest win.

Frivolous is a bully, enemies-to-lovers, age-gap, bodyguard dark mafia romance. It is a standalone in the Morally Questionable world. Please be advised that it contains a lot of sensitive themes. Read the triggers  before proceeding.

Gianna Guerra was your typical elite princess, who looked down on the world with disgust. She was cruel and cold to others. But, there's something more than meets the eye

Bass was a man out for blood. This man was willing to do anything to protect his famiglia. His latest target was the DeVille's rival, the Guerra family.

The Characters:

Gianna:

"I'm free , yet trapped. The worst paradox possible, because I can feel the taste of freedom, but I'm doomed to never truly get it.

I'm not gonna lie, I really didn't care for her in beginning. They way she treated people was really sad and definitely not likable. I think as the story progresses, she really grew on me. I'm not saying she was right in treating people the way she did, but I felt for her and finally understood why she hid her true self from everyone.


Bass:

"Because that's what he is. My protector. The slayer of my demons."

Why am I so attracted to such toxic characters? He was in no way innocent and quite devious. Sneaking into his rival's house, posing as a bodyguard. There's no doubt, he's a great alphahole. Definitely, one I'd want in my corner.

The Story:

I loved it, a lot! There were scenes where I was like "OMG, did that actually happen". There were also emotional and steamy. I really enjoyed this story and would love to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 πŽπ–𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽπ’π“ ππŽπ˜π’ by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...