Sunday, September 26, 2021

Don't Fear the Reaper (Watch Me Burn Book 6) by R.E.Bond


Don't Fear the Reaper (Watch Me Burn Book 6) by R.E.Bond

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Fear-Reaper-Watch-Burn-ebook/dp/B094NF6XZ4/

Blurb:
Everything I’ve ever known has been a lie.
From my family history, to the very reason I ended up on the streets as a kid.
There was only one person I ever trusted completely.
I’ll never trust him again.

Archer Hendricks is everything I despise and crave.
I’ve never loved and hated someone so much in my entire life.
Too bad my heart didn’t get the memo that he’s the devil.

Archer’s not the young boy I fell in love with when I was a child.
He’s the leader of the Reapers of Chaos crew, and he only sees me as a possession.
He doesn’t love me, he just doesn’t want Axel to have me, and he’s keeping secrets.

I’m going to set everything of his on fire and watch the docks burn at my feet.
I know Rory and Jade will stand beside me while we watch the smoke billow into the night sky.
I just hope I can stand my ground and forget he was ever a part of my soul.

My friendships are fragile and I’m starting to break.
I’ve learned to only rely on myself no matter what, but it might push me over the edge.
Especially if the Shadow Kings get their hands on me.
I’m a dead woman walking.

My name’s Lexi Bryant, and I never claimed to be good.
I’m about to wreak havoc on the only man I’ve ever loved.

*This is a 110k MF romance. There is dark content such as rape and abuse, and fertility/miscarriage scenes.

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€REVIEWπŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

Don't Fear The Reaper is Lexi and Archer's story. We initially met Lexi at the end of Rory's story. Back then, she was a bit of little sh*tstirrer and we didn't know much about her. Although, for some reason, she really stood out to me, like Jade. This book, we see a whole different side to Lexi. She's lived a rough life and continues to survive each and every day. We see a more vulnerable side to her. Along with the dark and gritty, we also see relationships mended and beautiful friendships.

This was beautifully written and continues to get better and better. I'm almost terrified to get into the mind of Rage, but also really, really curious. Can't wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 πŽπ–𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽπ’π“ ππŽπ˜π’ by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...