Sunday, November 14, 2021

REVIEW: Sugar Wood: A Twisted Tales Novel by Brynn Ford


 Sugar Wood: A Twisted Tales Novel by Brynn Ford



Blurb: 
I don't believe in evil or enchantments. I know better than to believe in things that don't exist. But I'm certain of the sickness of humanity and the twisted energy it leaves behind…and Sugar Wood Forest is infected with it.

My home is infected, too. The preppy college boy and his heiress stepsister I've trapped within it will feel the effects of that soon enough.

They said they were lost when they stumbled upon my cabin in the woods, but I'd seen them out there earlier trying to bury their secrets together—the same way I'd buried mine. I should've sent them away, but instead I stole them and locked them up.

And now their own wicked energy plagues me, drawing us all together with toxic desire.

These two are my secret now.
But I haven't decided yet whether they're a secret worth keeping or burying.

This steamy dark romance is a twisted retelling of Hansel & Gretel which features an MMF relationship. Heed the warning—this is a dark story and parts of it may be upsetting to some readers. Please use your best judgment in deciding whether this book is for you.


πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€REVIEW πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€
"I'm bad and I'm good. I'm darkness and I'm light. I'm violent and I'm peaceful. I belong to me, and I belong to them. I fight through the pain to take my pleasure."

Sugar Wood, the second book in the Twisted Fates Novel collection. Guys, please note that there are triggers such as not heavily descriptive and minor mentioning of abuse by a family member, bloody violence, explicit sexy times, dub-con, captivity.

Glory has lived the life of suffering. She endured abuse by the hands of the one person who was supposed to take care of her. One day she has had enough and took matters into her own hands.

Huxley, knew she was forbidden, Glory is his stepsister, yet, he was willing to go to the end of the world just for her.

Ambrose, radiating hot Alpha, huntsman vibes. He mysterious cabin in the woods. When Huxley and Glory stumble upon this cabin, things went from terrible to worse as they became captives of this huntman. However, being his captives may have opened their eyes to a bond that couldn't be broken.

I've never actually read a Hansel and Gretel retelling, so this was my first one. Also, my first book by this author. This was such a crazy, twisted ride. I really enjoyed it. There were a few times where it was a little slow, but it was pretty good. I would love to read more from this author. I'm excited to see the upcoming novels in this collection .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 πŽπ–𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽπ’π“ ππŽπ˜π’ by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...