Friday, November 26, 2021

REVIEW: Hu$h Money: A Forbidden Bully Romance (The Dirty Money Duet Book 1) by BL Mute


 Hu$h Money: A Forbidden Bully Romance (The Dirty Money Duet Book 1) by BL Mute

https://www.amazon.com/Hu-Money-Forbidden-Bully-Romance-ebook/dp/B095L97TS3/

Blurb:
I was always the good girl, until I wasn’t...

Seducing a man for the sole purpose of blackmailing him never crossed my mind. Until it was my only option. I thought it would save my family, and all my father worked for. Instead, I found myself running from Bexley Falls to escape what I did.

Broke and alone, I had no choice but to return to my life as an heiress and face my mistake.

Only Malcolm McLane isn’t the forgiving type.

He’s been gathering information on me and launches into a game of cat and mouse that could destroy us both. At first, I thought I could handle him. Now, I find my control slipping in a battle that could swallow me whole. My only way out is with the help of his son, Carter.

I shouldn’t be attracted to Carter.

He’s forbidden.

Dangerous.

Yet as he helps me plot my escape, I feel an undeniable magnetism drawing me to him.

It's a game of emotional warfare, and I'm not sure that either of us will make it out alive.

NOTE- Reader discretion is advised. This book contains mature content and themes some may find offensive, distressing and a potential trigger. Recommended for 18+.




πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›REVIEWπŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
I'm gonna give this a πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«

*Stepfather
*Stepbrother
*weird triangle dynamic
*πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
*Revenge
*Blackmail
*light BDSM
*a best friend that everyone should have

First off, this was an amazing read. I have never read this author before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I devoured this book in one day, I couldn't put it down. The story and plot was a crazy ride but definitely amazing. I was able to connect with the characters.

Malcolm-
“You’ve already forgotten the first rule, but that’s okay. I know there is a brat in you fighting to get out. Girls like you are all the same. You crave dominance, and I’ll give that to you.”

Let me tell you, I was constantly flip flopping on if I liked him or not. In the beginning, he had that smooth, undeniable charm. Then , he was a total creeper. By the middle, even I was ready to call him "daddy" and I am not even into that. However, by the end, he was a complete a$$ and deserved what he got.

Carter-
"Carter isn’t sweet. He isn’t innocent. He’s dark and unpredictable. Unapologetic and mean. He’s all the things any woman would hate but I find myself falling in love with."

I loved him so much! He was a bit of a dick in the beginning, but you can definitely feel the strong feelings, tension and chemistry between him and Lydia. While daddy dearest was just playtime, Carter was the real thing.

Lydia-
"I was always the good girl, until I wasn’t…"

she may have been way over her head with everything, but she handled everything kind of better than I would have. I think she had the most character development and growth out of everybody.

Carmen- Legit best BFF ever. Not only had she forgiven Lydia, but she was her loyal, "Ride or Die" chick. Everybody deserves a best friend like her. I am actually super excited to start her story!

So, the reason I took off a half a star, is because I felt some parts were rushed. I also felt that there should have been some indication that the mom had some suspicions about Malcolm acting towards Lydia or Lydia's relationship with Carter. Also, maybe a small part of me was hoping for Malcolm to not be such a creeper and maybe had an MFM action. Weird yes, but it's been done before πŸ˜…. Besides those minor things, I think that is was a fun, twisted read. Definitely would read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Owned by the Lost boys by AJ Merlin

 πŽπ–𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽπ’π“ ππŽπ˜π’ by AJ Merlin. it's a contemporary RH with a Peter Pan twist. 🩸 kink 🩸 MM/MFM 🩸 bondage 🩸 a...